Falasarna Villaer, West Kreta
Amenities and features
- Falasarna, West Crete
- Falasarna Villas are two charming stone villas. They are built at the foot of the Prophet Elijah mountain. Located 400 meters from the village of Platanos. Falasarna Villas overlook the Gulf of Falasarna and the unique sunset of western Crete. The villas have WiFi internet connection.
- Check Falasarna beaches
- Check Kissamos Town
- Each villa is designed in three levels and has three bedrooms. It also features a large open plan kitchen and living room. The villas are furnitured with comfortable traditional Cretan furniture.
- Each bedroom has its own bathroom and there is an additional cloak room/WC.
- The living room has fireplace, TV, CD payer and DVD. There is a large open-plan kitchen with full size cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
- Each villa has a separate entrance and a private swimming pool of 50 square meters.
- The premises have been made with respect to the environment and traditional architecture. The location is quiet but not isolated, ideal for your family or friends.
- Platanos and Falasarna
- The nymph Falasarna gave its name to one of the most important ancient cities of Crete.
- The ancient city has been discovered recently. Parts of the city, the acropolis, the houses and the tombs have come to surface. The stone throne that has come to surface is likely to have been dedicated to the God of Seas, Poseidon.
- The ancient city was surrounded by walls and connected to the sea by a canal. Today, farmland is in the place of the harbor and canal, since the beach has risen almost 5 meters! (In western Crete, this phenomenon comes from tectonic seismic events).
- Falasarna today is an area of rural and tourist development.
- Falasarna is ideal for guests who seek privacy and do not want worldly destinations. Along the bay, there are some restaurants where you can find fresh fish.
- The village of Platanos is mostly only houses, but there are a couple of cafes and one or two tavernas and a supermarket. You will find a lot more shops and restaurants in Kissamos.
- A car is highly recommended for this location.
MHTE (CRN) 1042K10000014400